At The Cochran Firm New York, we care deeply about the rights and well-being of senior adults in assisted living, nursing homes, hospitals and receiving in-home care. When a caretaker abuses their role and those in their care, we believe serious repercussions are owed.
When To Contact Lawyer For Nursing Home Abuse
When you suspect something is not right with your loved one or you see something suspicious or harmful, it is better to be safe than sorry. We will listen carefully to your situation and can help determine the best next steps, such as talking with the senior adult, seeing a medical professional or discussing the issue with the nursing home staff.
The situation may turn into a liability issue, pressing criminal charges, an investigation by protective services or a civil action lawsuit. We can help guide this process to ensure the best care for your loved one, and to pursue fair compensation for personal damages.
Abuse And Neglect Claims For Nursing Home Residents
If you suspect your loved one is being abused or neglected in their living situation, contact an attorney experienced in these matters right away. We represent cases involving:
- Taking advantage of deteriorating mental conditions
- Bed sores due to failure to regularly reposition bed-bound residents
- Neglect or physical harm to an adult incapable of self-care
- Psychological damage or influence on older adults
- Institutional negligence by the staff or an unsafe living situation
- Poorly trained, inadequate or historically violent staff members
- Isolation of senior adults in their residency
Do You Suspect A Loved One Is Suffering Nursing Home Abuse?
Abuse and neglect of senior adults is a serious offense. Contact the NYC law office of The Cochran Firm New York to schedule a free initial consultation. Learn more about how to get help with a medical malpractice case.